Is it known problem, that WITH_NEW_XORG/WITH_KMS is incompatible with acpi_video and lefts user without ability to change brightness on Laptop?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 9 15:23:12 UTC 2014

Hello, Freebsd-x11.

  I'm using 10-STABLE on old Laptop (Sony Vaio) with Intel adapter (it has
 switch Intel/nVidia and I use Intel one), and with "old" Xorg xfce4
 brighness plugin could control brightness if acpi_video.ko is loaded.

  I've tried NEW_XORG, it mostly works, but all hw.acpi.video disappears and
 I could not find any way to control backlight brightness :( xfce4
 brightness plugin shows "No device found" too.

  Is it known problem? Is here any way to control brightness in such case?

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>