copy Linux/OpenBSD's Xorg settings?

M Barrassed freebsd at nnn.sg
Mon Feb 3 08:19:58 UTC 2014

I've been using FreeBSD for over 12 years, but having a hard time getting Xorg working on a Lenovo W520 Thinkpad.

Arch Linux, Ubuntu, and OpenBSD all install their Xorg configs automatically on this laptop, working great.  But no such luck with FreeBSD.

Doing these steps exactly:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-install.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html

But when I do the `Xorg -config xorg.conf.new -retro` step, neither keyboard nor mouse/touchpad are recognized, and the resolutions settings look way off.

MY QUESTION:

How can I copy the Xorg settings from my OpenBSD or Linux installation into my FreeBSD 10 installation?

The others don't seem to have an obvious xorg.conf file anywhere, so I'm stumped for where else to look.

Thank you and sorry for the dumb question.

- M. Barrassed