xmodmap, switch keys around

jenia.ivlev jenia.ivlev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 00:56:35 UTC 2014

Hello.

I would like to switch, on the right side of the keyboard, Ctrl with
"Menu".
And then, set "Menu" to be "Super".

What I decided to do I to use `xmodmap -pke > .Xmodmap` and change a few
line around:

    keycode 105 = Control_R NoSymbol Control_R
    keycode 135 = Menu NoSymbol Menu <--- change these two lines to

    keycode 105 = Menu NoSymbol Menu
    keycode 135 = Control_R NoSymbol Control_R

But I can switch "Menu" with "Super" like this:

    keycode 135 = Menu NoSymbol Menu <---------- change this line to
    keycode 135 = Super_L NoSymbol Super_L

By the way, I tried to do these two thing separately. That is, the first
thing first. When it didnt work, I logged out and logged in and tried
the second thing (simply change "menu" to be "super").

So why does the first thing work but not the second?

Thanks in advance for your kind help and time.
jenia