VESA X11 drivers non-functional after recent update

Eric McCorkle eric at metricspace.net
Wed Dec 24 16:13:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have a laptop with an Optimus setup with haswell graphics and an nvidia card.  As none of this is currently supported, I had been using the VESA drivers.  However, the VESA driver no longer functions after I updated ports yesterday (most likely connected to the removal of old x11).

I don't have the specific error message as I'm typing this on another device, but it seems that the driver can't access the bios (messages include "cannot read V_BIOS", neither device reports a bios segment, etc).

Is there something I can do to restore the VESA drivers to a functioning state (or alternatively, any sort of development haswell driver I can use), or is the only option to revert the ports directory and rebuild everything?