[Call for testers] Update to xorg-server 1.14

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 13 13:39:51 UTC 2014

On 12.12.2014 23:26, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
>>> #1 is with no xorg.conf.
>>
>> I don't see any line showing that the HAL backend kicks in. Is hald running?
>
> Oops, sorry, I really avoided learning anything about HAL.
> Here's the log with hald running:

No problem.

So HAL detected three input devices:
    o  a mouse, used through moused(8);
    o  a USB keyboard, behind kbdmux(4);
    o  an AT keyboard, behind kbdmux(4) too.

It didn't mess with the HID exposed by your monitor.

Our devd backend added this HID with the xf86-input-mouse driver. When
the screen goes into power saving mode, it may mess the state of the mouse.

>> This configuration directive disable the udev/HAL/devd backend, so it's
>> expected to not auto-detect any input device.
>
> FWIW, this ran fine for two days, so I guess the stuck focus is
> somehow triggered by the devd/etc. backend and not a generic xserver
> 1.14 problem.

Thank you for confirming that. Are you currently testing with the
patched devd backend?

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron