[Call for testers] Update to xorg-server 1.14

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Sun Dec 7 16:18:32 UTC 2014

On 05.12.2014 19:16, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Works on 10.1-STABLE, amd64, "ATI Radeon HD 5450" (ChipID = 0x68f9),
> devd option enabled, no xorg.conf.  Straightforward setup: one screen,
> one keyboard, one mouse.
>
> Desktop usage (xterm, Firefox) works.  MPlayer with Xvideo or GL
> works.

Thanks for testing!

> Xorg.0.log looks sane, except for the curiosity of devd "recognizing"
> my screen as an extra mouse, but to no ill effect.  (My keyboard
> and mouse are plugged into the built-in hub of the monitor.  Apparently
> the screen also has some "EIZO USB HID Monitor" USB device.)

Yeah, sometimes, peripherals may expose unexpected devices. That's the
case for some "gamer" mices who expose a keyboard because buttons can
send key combinations for instance.

> For keyboard configuration, I've kept my old scheme: setxkbmap and
> xset in xdm/Xsetup_0.  Alternatively, you can call them from
> ~/.xsession or ~/.xinitrc, respectively.  I don't know why people
> insist on messing with more complicated schemes.

Using an X.Org server configuration file is easy and well documented
too. But I agree the cofniguration in HAL XML files was a disaster.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron