[Call for testers] Update to xorg-server 1.14

Juan Ramón Molina Menor listjm at club-internet.fr
Sun Dec 7 11:37:47 UTC 2014

Hi!

The update is breaking compatibility with an AGP NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
XT (NV31) supported by the nvidia-driver-173 driver. See below:

================ WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING ================
This server has a video driver ABI version of 14.1 that is not
supported by this NVIDIA driver. Please check
http://www.nvidia.com/ for driver updates or downgrade to an X
server with a supported driver ABI.
(EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x4
(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting

There is an update to the current version of the driver adding "support
for X.org xserver ABI 15":
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/71305/en-us

I’ve tried updating the port myself but it’s way over my head, the
driver does not work out of the box on recent FreeBSD versions and there
are some patches in the port that need being updated.

Back to xorg-server 1.12 for the moment being… :(

Best regards,
Juan