[Call for testers] Update to xorg-server 1.14

Ranjan1018 . 214748mv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:43:37 UTC 2014

> Hi!
>
> An update to xorg-server is almost ready. We would like people to test
> it and report if there's something wrong with it.
>
> The announcement and instructions are on our blog:
> http://blogs.freebsdish.org/graphics/2014/11/19/xserver-1-14-update-ready/
>
> We learned from the last CFT that you like to have more details about
> what brings a particular update. Therefore, we are more verbose in this
> new post. Please tell us if you're still missing something!
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Jean-Sébastien Pédron
>
> Hi,

it works well with a Samsung Ativ Book 2 with an integrated Intel HD
Graphics 4000.
I have tried to stress the system, running 10 instances of mplayer, with
this script:
#!/usr/local/bin/bash
for i in `seq 1 10`;
do
    echo $i
#    mplayer -vo gl ~/Videos/2_Lamborghini\ Aventador.mp4 & # crash if run
intel_gpu_top
#    mplayer ~/Videos/2_Lamborghini\ Aventador.mp4 &
#    mplayer -vo x11 ~/Videos/2_Lamborghini\ Aventador.mp4 &
#    mplayer -vo gl_nosw ~/Videos/2_Lamborghini\ Aventador.mp4 & # crash if
run intel_gpu_top
    mplayer -vo gl_tiled ~/Videos/2_Lamborghini\ Aventador.mp4 & # no OSD -
crash if run intel_gpu_top

    sleep 1
done

After the run I have commented the command and put the error, if any,  in
the comment, added a new command and so on.

Result:
- The laptop freezes if mplayer run with an opengl driver and
intel_gpu_top, from the Intel GPU Tools 1.5 is running, too.
- No OSD if the gl_tiled driver is used.

Maurizio