RADEON 7560D works

Toms Bergmanis ditf.robins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:36:22 UTC 2014

> Could you please expand on " "opengl" and "opengl-hq" presets don't
> work"? Do you mean that the video is incorrectly displayed? Does the
> player crash? Does the computer freeze? Just to know if/when I hit a
> similar issue.

In the upcoming days i'll be installing a fresh 10.0-RELEASE and then i can
give an exact error log, but from my memory mpv just says "no video output"
or something along those lines.  I don't remember correctly, but either
there was no video (audio kept working) or the mpv player just exited
saying that "opengl-hq" output doesn't work.

We need:
>     o  an update of the kernel-side Radeon driver; the current driver
>        comes from Linux 3.8.
>     o  (probably) an update to Mesa ports (especially graphics/libGL
>        and graphics/dri); right now, this is not possible due to our
>        i915 kernel driver (Mesa 9.2+ requires features we don't have).

Thanks for the info. Will keep an eye for these features in the wiki page
and/or the mailing list.