Working combo of experimental Mesa and Xorg

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Mon Apr 28 14:54:32 UTC 2014

On 12.04.2014 12:20, Neil Schroeder wrote:
> Hey guys, I noted you wanted to see what confgurations worked with some of
> the graphics components from Xorg experimental.    Here you go.

Thank you for the report!

> Only thing I really can't figure out is how to make cinnamon-screensaver
> work.  Not your problem specifically, but I feel stupid for not being able
> to get a damn lock screen to actually ASK FOR A PASSWORD.

Hmm, I don't know how to help on this one :-/

> I also had most if not all this same code working just without the Radeon
> 6450.  I needed my thunderbolt port for something other than DP, and the
> Intel HD gfx wouidn't drive my 2560x1600 display from DVI or HDMI.

So this monitor works with the Radeon card, but no the Intel GPU, right?

I hope you'll be able to test the Intel/monitor combination when
Konstantin Belousov will publish its work on the Intel driver update.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron