xorg on FreeBSD 9.2

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 9 21:52:16 UTC 2013

On 09/09/13 21:13, ajtiM wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Today I installed FreeBSD 9.2 RC3 (amd64) on iMac:
>
> I like to install Xorg and KDE4. I read about new radeon drivers, KMS. but I don't know how to install Xorg. Do I need to put in make.conf WITH_NEW_XORG or not, please. Do I need to rebuilt kernel with KMS support?

If you want ATI kms you need the very latest FreeBSD CURRENT.  Start by
looking at the handbook for information on how to do this.  See for
instance
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html
.
Secondly, you need the patch to update xorg and mesa ports.  It was sent
as a CFT on the mailing list earlier today, and is also avalable at
http://people.freebsd.org/~zeising/xorg-mesaupdate.diff .
Lastly, add WITH_NEW_XORG= and possibly also WITH_GALLIUM= to
/etc/make.conf to compile the new xorg stack, and then compile xorg.
Hope this works for you!
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising