x11/slim does not pickup correct xkb keymap from xorg.conf

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Tue May 21 16:50:44 UTC 2013

On 05/21/13 18:24, Beeblebrox wrote:
> Pretty sure you are correct in your analysis. I forgot to mention in 1st post
> that:
> * The slim login screen also has wrong keymap - so the problem starts at the
> login screen.
> * google shows many posts suggesting the use in xorg.conf of:
> MatchIsKeyboard "on"
> This however is not recognised by xorg and breaks the startup.
> * /usr/local/etc/slim.conf has nothing to say about this (at least from what
> I read).

You can always make a script that runs the proper setxkbmap commands in
connection with starting your de/wm...  That might not be the cleanest
of solutions, but it works.  Otherwise I would suggest talking to the
devs of slim and see what they think.  I have no idea how this is
handled in xdm, kdm or gdm.
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising