[CFT] xorg 7.7

Waitman Gobble uzimac at da3m0n8t3r.com
Thu Mar 14 15:58:54 UTC 2013

Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org> wrote ..
> On 03/14/13 07:20, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> > Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org> wrote ..
> >> The FreeBSD xorg team (x11@) presents this update of the FreeBSD xorg
> >> port to version 7.7.
> >
> >> This CFT and any updates can either be obtained using SVN from
> >> https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/branches/xorg-7.7 .
> >> Once this ports overlay is obtained, it is necessary to run the
> >> xorgmerge script, obtainable here:
> >> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge .
> >> Please don't forget to update directories before running this script.
> >

> >> Once the patch is in your ports tree, to build the old xorg, just cd to
> >> /usr/ports/x11/xorg and run make install.
> >> To get the new xorg, first set WITH_NEW_XORG in /etc/make.conf then
> >> proceed as above.
> > Hi, I am trying the xorgmerge w/ svn (after svn update ports)
> >

> [SNIP build error]
>
> > [7] > uname -a
> > FreeBSD dx.burplex.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r248165: Mon Mar
> 11 18:20:30 PDT 2013     root at dx.burplex.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FURAHA  amd64
> >

> Hi!
> Which version of X are you trying to build, the new or the old one?  In
> which port does that error occur?  Can you please post the contents of
> your /etc/make.conf as well.
> Regards!
> --
> Niclas Zeising

Hi Niclas,

looks like it's failing in
/usr/ports/x11/libXi

these two includes:

#include <X11/extensions/XInput.h>
#include <X11/extensions/XInput2.h>

do not exist in
/usr/local/include/X11/extensions

Here's my make.conf

i did try with/without ccache, i believe it produces same results

WITH_NEW_XORG=YES
MALLOC_PRODUCTION=YES
NO_PROFILE=YES
WITHOUT_DEBUG=YES
KERNCONF=FURAHA
CC=clang
CPP=clang-cpp
CXX=clang++
#USE_CCACHE=YES
#USE_CCACHE_CPP2=YES
THREADS=8
NO_CLEAN=YES
.if (!empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/src*) || !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/obj*))
.if !defined(NOCCACHE)
CC:=${CC:C,^cc,/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/clang,1}
CXX:=${CXX:C,^c\+\+,/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/clang++,1}
.endif
.endif

.if ${CC:T} == "clang"
CFLAGS+=        -Qunused-arguments