Does FreeBSD support kernel mode setting on Intel Haswell?

Florent Peterschmitt florent at peterschmitt.fr
Thu Jun 13 07:05:26 UTC 2013

Le 12/06/2013 21:48, Neel Chauhan a écrit :
> Dear freebsd-x11 mailing list,
> I am assembling a new PC soon and want to know if FreeBSD 9.1 supports
> kernel mode setting on Intel's new Haswell CPUs. How well is it
> supported? Am I better off buying a nVidia card to use FreeBSD?
> Thanks,
> Neel

By an nVidia one, the Intel driver and KMS implementation is really not
ready. No console back to X.org, if X crashes you have to reboot, if you
want to change of WM/DE you have to reboot… and display is slow, even on
my 15" screen. A little nVidia + blob driver will do better work than
Intel one.

--
Florent Peterschmitt           | Please:
florent at peterschmitt.fr        |  * Avoid HTML/RTF in E-mail.