nvidia optimus

Alfonso Sabato Siciliano alfix86 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 21:14:08 UTC 2013

Hello,

I can not use 3D acceleration from my video
card NVIDIA GT430 on my laptop because
there are problems with NVIDIA Optimus technology,
but everything seems to work properly on linux
thanks to the Bumblebee project [0].
I am frustrated by being forced to use linux
to program 3D applications (such as for the
university course in programming video games).
So I decided to start studying bumblebee to adapt it
for FreeBSD and rewrite it all over again
in a BSD Licence.

Soon I will publish the link to the repository
where I will put the work in progress.

I hope to receive your suggestions and remarks.

Regards Alfonso.

[0] http://bumblebee-project.org/