Intel KMS success

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 4 04:59:59 UTC 2013

from Niclas Zeising:

--
> Niclas Zeising

I have in my kernel config,

device          drm             # DRM core module required by DRM drivers
device          i915drm         # Intel i830 through i915

but no kms.

Would that "device i915drm" be what screwed me when I tried to run the new Xorg but the computer immediately froze?

I would try first with FreeBSD-HEAD before trying with STABLE, but still will want a vesa version of xorg.conf to fall back on, in addition to Intel version.

Is there any way to compile i915kms into the kernel, even if inadvisable?  I searched for "KMS" and "kms" in the NOTES files, and not found.

Tom