Xorg help

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 31 13:33:35 UTC 2013

This should have been sent to x11@ instead.
On 01/31/13 14:20, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> long time ago  with CRT monitors i used xvidtune and defined my modeline
> based on existing one.
>
> With LCD laptop Xorg automatically selected good one.
>
> Now with desktop and new LG monitor capable of 1920x1080 it uses 1024x768
>
> no possible modelines are displayed and i have no idea how to set it
> properly.
>
> It is LG Flatron E2211 if it helps.
>
> What driver should i use with Atom D525? xf86-video-intel29 is the only
> one that works, in spite of market as not supported.
>
> Or am i missing something?

xf86-video-intel29 is not supported.  It was used for a short time when
gem/kms was still developed.  I have no idea what graphics card your
atom comes with, it has integrated graphics, but you have to find out
which exact version it is.  In general, for newer intel graphics cards,
the best is to use the new xorg distribution, that should give you
hardware acceleration.  Otherwise you can try xf86-video-intel in the
old xorg distribution, but the risk is that it will revert back to using
vesa instead.
Regards!
--
Niclas Zeising