ports/175532: x11/xdm: /bin/cp -n /usr/local/share/examples/xdm/GiveConsole /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole *** [post-install] Error code 1

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Feb 2 12:10:02 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/175532; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "O. Hartmann" <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To: Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/175532: x11/xdm: /bin/cp -n /usr/local/share/examples/xdm/GiveConsole
 /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole *** [post-install] Error code 1
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:04:48 +0100

 --------------enig8A63F58DAD9FEA099EA2A0B3

 Am 02/02/13 11:21, schrieb Niclas Zeising:
 > On 02/02/13 11:15, O. Hartmann wrote:
 >> Am 02/02/13 10:34, schrieb Niclas Zeising:
 >>> Hi!
 >>> Apparently something in the base system has changed, which affects
 >>> rebuild of this port when it is already installed.  Since this change=
 >>> the base system isn't very old, and most ports testing are done on cl=
 ean
 >>> systems, using tinderbox or poudriere or similar software, this has g=
 one
 >>> through the cracks.  For now, I suggest you remove xdm before
 >>> reinstalling it, since all files should be removed in the
 >>> deinstallation.  If xdm leaves files behind, then that is a separate
 >>> issue.  however that would show up on a tinderbox run, and I can buil=
 >>> xdm fine in my tinderbox.
 >>> Regards!
 >>>

 >> Have you used NEW_XORG=3DYES in make.conf? I use those bits to build t=
 he
 >> most recent stuff and I realized  this causes problems since several
 >> changes a couple of days ago.
 >>
 >> Oliver
 >>
 >=20
 > Yes.  What other problems are you referring to?  x11/xdm is the same
 > version regardless of WITH_NEW_XORG.
 > Regards!
 >=20

 Those problems are related to other ports, databases/akonadi or
 deskutils/kdepimlibs4 which refuse to compile not finding qmake (which
 is installed as qmake-qt4).

 =46rom time to time I realized running CURRENT, it is wise to recompile
 ports. So I did with xorg and xdm since they had been compiled in the
 CLANG 3.1 era and now we are with CLANG 3.2 and with libc++.

 When I performed a "portmaster -w -r xorg xdm", I found myself lost with
 the reported error and with a deleted pkg database entry for xdm.
 x11/xdm wasn't even reported installed then - but the binaries of the
 new build were obviously there.

 It is not the first time that portmaster deletes a port and at the very
 end it fails and refuses updating the database, like it happened with
 x11/xdm.

 Oliver

 --------------enig8A63F58DAD9FEA099EA2A0B3