ports/175532: x11/xdm: /bin/cp -n /usr/local/share/examples/xdm/GiveConsole /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole *** [post-install] Error code 1

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Sat Feb 2 09:40:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/175532; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Subject: Re: ports/175532: x11/xdm: /bin/cp -n /usr/local/share/examples/xdm/GiveConsole
 /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole *** [post-install] Error code 1
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:34:29 +0100

 Hi!
 Apparently something in the base system has changed, which affects
 rebuild of this port when it is already installed.  Since this change to
 the base system isn't very old, and most ports testing are done on clean
 systems, using tinderbox or poudriere or similar software, this has gone
 through the cracks.  For now, I suggest you remove xdm before
 reinstalling it, since all files should be removed in the
 deinstallation.  If xdm leaves files behind, then that is a separate
 issue.  however that would show up on a tinderbox run, and I can build
 xdm fine in my tinderbox.
 Regards!
 --
 Niclas Zeising