Plan for updating xorg

Andreas Nilsson andrnils at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:29:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 02/01/13 12:53, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org
> > <mailto:zeising at freebsd.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi!
> >     A little while ago I posted a plan for how to progress with
> committing
> >     what is in the xorg development repo to the regular ports tree.  The
> >     plan can be found on the wiki, https://wiki.freebsd.org/Xorg .
>  Please
> >     read it and let me know if you have any objections, or if something
> is
> >     unclear or left out.  I hope to start with the first item on the list
> >     during the weekend, if no objections arise.
> >     Regards!
> >     --
> >     Niclas Zeising
> >
> > Seems very safe. I've been running with xorg from the cft-repo for some
> > months and haven't had a single problem.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Andreas
> >

> Glad to hear that it is working for you!
> Can you please let us know what version you are using (old or new) and
> also which graphics card and driver you are using, please.
> Regards!
> --
> Niclas Zeising
>
> Certainly! I'm running it on 3 different machines,
9.1-PRERELEASE, 9.1-STABLE  r244955 and another 9.1-STABLE. All machines
have WITH_NEW_XORG=yes and WITH_KMS=yes.
Two machines use the nvidia blob ( quadro nvs 3100m and gt420 cards ) and
the other one is using intel gpu on a sandy bridge core i5, (class=0x030000
card=0x04ee1028 chip=0x01028086 rev=0x09 hdr=0x00) according to pciconf.

They all run with xorg-related ports from revision 633 of svn.

Best regards
Andreas