unsupported synaptics touchpad

Ke Sun sunk.cs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:17:58 UTC 2013

Hi, thanks for pointing out the problem.

I tried tunning hw.psm in /boot/loader.conf by varying the values
of hw.psm.synaptics_support, hw.tap_*. I always get an annoying
sensitive mouse with tapping. Sometimes better, but still very annoying
for typing. I would rather ignore the device if that's the only way.

Also, setting these values only in /boot/loader.conf does not work.
After boot it will be restored to some default values. Setting in
/etc/sysctl.conf works (meaning that it really changes the parameter).
Tunning by hand with sysctl also works.