Problem with the most recent Intel driver

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 16:36:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Mark Felder <feld at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013, at 10:37, Mark Felder wrote:
> > switching for the new DRI/KVM/Intel/whatever framework is finished. I
>
> I meant KMS. Don't know why I said KVM.
>
> Anyway...

You said KVM because of just too many TLAs.

As far as timing is concerned, see the latest FreeBSD project quarterly
status update:
  "The first deliverables of the project, including moused(8), ukbd(4),
   and KMS support are expected to arrive around the middle or end of
   August 2013. The whole project is expected to complete in November
   2013."

Of course, these will be delivered to head, not stable, at least initially.
It's been over a year since I have run -current, butthis will get me back
to life on the cutting, and likely bleeding edge.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com