[nvidia] no more twinview with nvidia-driver-304.43

Andreas Nilsson andrnils at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 07:13:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Patrick Lamaiziere
<patfbsd at davenulle.org>wrote:

> Le Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:40:38 +0200,
> Andreas Nilsson <andrnils at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > I have a laptop with nvidia-card. I use
> >  xrandr --output VGA-0 --left-of LVDS-0 --auto
> > to add a screen to the left of laptop.
> > xrandr --output VGA-0 --off
> > to detach second monitor.
> >
> > --left-of can be replaced with: --below --above --right-of and so on.
> > Hope it helps.
>
> Thanks, xrandr works fine here too. Cool.
>
> Regards

If you are using a DE there should be a tool which can use xrandr to
configure monitors. I use dwm so no point-and-click for me.

I forget to say: I don't know if you might need to use a newer xorg as
nVidia joined the xrandr bandwagon so late, the might not support older
xrandr versions. But as you say it works, I guess nVidia supports older
xrandr as well :)

Regards
Andreas