Ivy Bridge and Xorg 7.7 on i386 FreeBSD 9-1BETA: no hardware acceleration?

Yuri K. Shatroff yks-uno at yandex.ru
Tue Sep 11 21:15:10 UTC 2012

On 11.09.2012 19:24, archibald wrote:
> On 2012-09-11 15:47, Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
>> Greetings x11@,
>>
>> I've got the same problem using Ivy Bridge HD4000 (with notorious
>> optimus). The DE (KDE4) is severely lagging and experiencing seconds'
>> delays in reaction to mouse/kbd events. So using the desktop is
>> practically impossible. In `top`, the Xorg process consumes up to 100%
>> CPU.
>> When I switch to VESA driver, there is no DE performance problem
>> (rendering and reactions almost instant, CPU usage by Xorg about
>> 6-10%).
>> I have exactly the same software versions installed on another PC but
>> with nvidia hardware and x11/nvidia-driver, and everything works there
>> fine, too. So I assume the problem is somewhere around drivers (either
>> xf86-video-intel, or Mesa layer, or the i1915kms module).
>>
>> My system is:
>> FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE (GENERIC) #0 r240286: Mon Sep 10 14:27:33 MSK 2012
>> the latest Xorg from the xorg-dev trunk (xorg-server 1.12.4,
>> xf86-video-intel-2.20.4)
>> WITH_KMS=true
>> WITH_NEW_XORG=true
>
> What is the output of:
> $ xdriinfo
> and
> $ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
>
> (glxinfo is found in graphics/mesa-demos, xdriinfo is in x11/xdriinfo)
>
> archibald

$ xdriinfo
Screen 0: i965
$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.4
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL extensions:

I'd be glad if that helps, looks like nothing special to me though

--
Best wishes,
Yuri K. Shatroff