Xorg Wiki Page

matt sendtomatt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 01:28:30 UTC 2012

AMD HD4650 RV730PRO
Xorg server 1.10.6
xf86-video-ati 6.14.6 (without FreeBSD specific patches at all)

$ glxinfo | fgrep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL extensions:

After updating to the last available ATI UMS, I don't get busy waits error.
For both our driver and 6.14.6 I did have to apply two patches to glx to
prevent massive segfaulting under kwin and compiz due to some issues
with pixmap memory handling and memory management issues. Posted these
to list previously, has been stable...Thanks Andriy!

Matt