Newer Xorg, older Mesa

Niclas Zeising zeising at daemonic.se
Wed Sep 5 06:00:26 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-05 01:59, Adam Kirchhoff wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to get the newer X server from
> WITH_NEW_XORG, yet get an older version of Mesa older than 8.0.x (since the
> classic r600 and r300 drivers were dropped from Mesa with the 8.0 release)?

It might be possible, depending perhaps on how old mesa version you go
to.  are the r600 and r300 supported by the mesa version that's
installed from the ports system when running with WITH_NEW_XORG?  Mesa
8.0.* is only in the development repo.  I suggest you try, by pulling
xserver, drivers, etc. from the development repo, but keep the old mesa
parts (libGL, dri, drm) around, and then let us know how it went.
Regards!
--
Niclas