PPC DRM graphics testing

matt sendtomatt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 20:59:01 UTC 2012

On 11/15/12 17:11, Michael Copeland wrote:
> After doing some reading, the mac edition of this card does not have the
> rom on it, appears to be in the os x driver itself, and is downloaded to
> the card when xnu kernel boots. So, if you don't have a 10.5.8 install disk
> handy, I'll dig mine up and install it on mine and see about ripping the
> rom out of there. You will have to modify the driver to use this rom, as
> I'm certain it's quite dissimilar to the pc version of the rom.

I have 10.5.8 installed, and the original CD as well as the update.

There are a few ATI kexts, one has a name similar to Prionace (this is
the OFW name for the card) and is 788k. Not sure what size we're looking
for...Does sysutils/binwalk identify/pull PCI ROMs yet? Between that and
hexedit are my usual tools for firmware analysis. Unfortunately I might
not be able to hack on this till after Thanksgiving.

Matt