PPC DRM graphics testing

matt sendtomatt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 23:45:52 UTC 2012

On 11/07/12 13:16, Andreas Tobler wrote:

> So. Newer ati packages did not improve.
>
> I then decided to start from a clean base, no debug Xorg, no debug
> radeon driver etc.
> I cleaned, deinstalled and reinstalled first the xorg-server then the
> dri and afterwards the same for the xf86-video-ati. The order of dri and
> ati does not matter I think.
>
> Having done this, I was able to run the 3D-demos.... yeah!
>
> The kernel has WITTNES and friends commented, also DRM_DEBUG is off.
>
> Here the excerpts from the Xorg.log:
>
> X.Org X Server 1.7.7
>
> Module radeon: compiled for 1.7.7, module version = 6.14.3
>
> Andreas

So you uninstalled x11-servers/xorg-server,x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati,
and graphics/dri, and reinstalled them?

After that it worked?

I hope it's that easy on my MDD...I rebuilt almost all ports with
portmaster after enabling WITH_NEW_XORG. Hopefully I missed one of those
and that is the issue...

Thanks for testing, I'll try again later today.

Matt