PPC DRM graphics testing

matt sendtomatt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 08:29:29 UTC 2012

On 11/05/12 21:22, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> Hm, I can try to bring the Radeon 9200 PCI up and see how it behaves.
> It'll take a few moments. But at least we have another config to compare.
>
> Oh, and one thing to note, my config works with built-in (not a kernel
> module) drm/radeondrm. Have you tried this too?
>
> Kernel config:
> # Direct Rendering modules for 3D acceleration.
> device          drm            # DRM core module required by DRM drivers
> device          radeondrm      # ATI Radeon
>

> Attached the patch to make it compile.
>
> Andreas

A good idea, but it didn't help. Backtrace was slightly different, but
nothing decisive. exaCopyDirty() seems to be involved quite often.

I also found 7.7 will not work, because although they left in r200, they
stripped out UMS.

So it's back to the drawing board, or at least poking at sources and/or
gdb for a while :)

Thanks Andreas

Matt