GL Programs SEGV on exit()

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Mon May 7 20:32:15 UTC 2012

On 2012-May-07 15:13:52 +0300, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 09:49:24PM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>> Since rebuilding WITH_NEW_XORG, I've been seeing segmentation
>> violations in GL programs under some conditions.  As a case that is
>> quick and easy to reproduce, "glxinfo -b" with software GL (which is
>> easily forced by running glxinfo in a X11-over-SSH session) will
>> core dump on exit.
(Due to atexit processing invoking a function in an unloaded .so)

>Which OS version do you use ?

Sorry, this was on 8-stable.

>It was fixed in r211706 and some follow-up commits. The change is not in 8.

The only explicit followups were r212497 (ppc64) and r214194 (ia64).
Were there others?

I notice r211706 was initially marked "MFC after 3 weeks" but this was
never done.  I've found one posting that blames it for problems in
emacs but nothing else.  Is there a reason it wasn't MFC'd?

--
Peter Jeremy