New KDE installation freezes on start

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 26 19:30:15 UTC 2012

Hi.

I've just installed 10-CURRENT on my new laptop where from fresh ports
with enabled WITH_NEW_XORG and WITH_KMS and all default options
installed xor, kde4 and few other ports. On attempt to start KDE after
all start icons appeared "kdeinit4: plasma-desktop" process starts to
eat CPU and memory and nothing goes on. Happens with both intel and vesa
drivers. Tried both startx and kdm.

What can it be? How can I debug this? Can it be some missing
configuration or packages?

PS: another existing 10-CURREBT laptop with system and ports updated
about the same time but with old Xorg seems work fine.

--
Alexander Motin