Need correct setenv PACKAGESITE for xorg pkg_add -r xorg

Samuel V Green III macunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:40:07 UTC 2012

I'm currently running 9.0 stable on G4 powerpc powerbook
I was having a buggar of a time with my xorg 7.5.2 "make" and had errors.
Newbie so I tried searching how to clean the port with various options and decided to rm /usr/ports/xorg
Now I'm attempting to setenv PACKAGESITE to the correct mirror and so far no luck.
I tried setenv PACKAGESITE ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/powerpc/packages-9-stable/Latest/
…. and no luck

My "pkg_add -r" option always defaults to …./powerpc/packages-9.0-release/Latest/ where I get the "unable to fetch" message every time.

I'll post this to the forum as well as the ppc mailing list as well in an attempt for a fix.

Thanks for your help !!!!!

Samuel.