Proposition to make nvidia driver stop overwritting files

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Wed Jun 6 14:16:32 UTC 2012

I love the idea of using libmap.conf to resolve this issue.

What are the consequences of 8 not having the rtld fixes? Will they get
backported as an official patch to 8.3? I think having legacy (7.4) being
left behind is probably OK considering the support is nearing end, but it
seems odd that we would fix up the ports tree with these new improvements
and end up excluding FreeBSD 8.3 users from being able to use the
x11/nvidia-driver port. I know the release process has been a hot topic,
so I'm curious how this will work out in the long run.