2/3D rendering cards

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed Jul 25 19:13:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Luca Pizzamiglio wrote:

> there are, more or less, three opportunities:
>
> Nvidia
> AMD/Ati
> Intel
>
> Nvidia has really good performance using nvidia legacy driver. You have pros
> and cons (I don't want to start a debate about it) of closed-source.
> Nvidia using nv has quite poor performance, on Linux as well.
>
> AMD/Ati platform has a lack of support on FreeBSD (TTM not fully implemented
> or something like that). That means no OpenGL hw acceleration.

Isn't this showing OpenGL hardware acceleration?

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
GLX version: 1.2
OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (RV730 9498)  TCL
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.11.2
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20