Dual video card notebook: no X11 at all

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 05:52:24 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM, SicoSico
<resuscitated_wael at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Kevin Oberman,
>
> I patched the file and rebuilt/reinstalled the kernel, but there is no
> effect. How can I know if LEN0068 is the right string for my laptop?

sysctl dev.acpi_ibm.0

If it produces a list of values, the module is operating. If not,
something is wrong.
dev.acpi_ibm.0.lcd_brightness SHOULD now work (with the patched DSDT installed).
dev.acpi_ibm.0.volume will not work, but he mixer should, so you can
set the volume buttons to use mixer(1) to adjust the volume
dev.acpi_ibm.0.mute works for me
dev.acpi_ibm.0.thinklight works for me
dev.acpi_ibm.0.fan_speed is valid
dev.acpi_ibm.0.fan_level seems to do nothing
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com