Lenovo Y570 backlight

SicoSico resuscitated_wael at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 00:16:04 UTC 2012

Thanks for your reply Matt,

I don't know how to use BCL, but I tried:
#acpi_call -p '\BCL' -i 8
Unknown object type '-1515870811'

acpi_video doesn't work for me, it doesn't affect the backlight even though
the value of brightness changes:
#kldload acpi_video
#sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=1
hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active: 0 -> 0
#sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.brightness=30
hw.acpi.video.lcd0.brightness: 70 -> 30

Digging through acpi dump is very tiring and I can't actually read it, I
don't know what I am looking for and there are hundreds of strings to try
using acpi_call

for example, as far as i understand this should disable intel graphics card,
but it does nothing:
#acpi_call -p '\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF'
0