KMS Question

Erich Dollansky erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com
Mon Jul 2 03:54:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Monday, July 02, 2012 10:16:43 AM Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:

> please correct me, if I misunderstood something about KMS .
>
> I built xorg-7.7 on FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #0: Mon Jun 11 23:48:45
> CEST 2 amd64 .
>
> When I do a plain
>  	# startx
> (no xorg.conf set) I receive

I do this:

sudo kldload i915kms
sudo kldload acpi_call
sudo chmod 666 /dev/acpi
startx

via a script as the screen goes blank after the first kldload.

People say that this is wrong but it works for me.

Did you upgrade and compile the kernel and the affected ports?

If not do an upgrade. Ask Google for the ports affected.

Before I forget it, my xorg.conf only contains things about fonts and modules but is not blank.

Erich