Intel GPU patch 13.1 for stable/9 ([CFT] Xorg Upgrade 7.5.2)

Meowthink meowthink at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:21:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Meowthink wrote:
>
>> Hello Warren,
>>
>> It seems that your problem came from command line. Seems I chose a
>> style that not so friendly? Try patch by this way:
>>
>> cd /path/of/src/
>> patch -p3 < /path/to/drm-all.13.1-stable9.1.patch
>

> The patch applies (after the sed), but I'm still seeing the duplicated
> files.  It's like the patch is doubled, so the kernel build errors out on
> finding all the redefinitions.
>
> This is 9stable as of today.  It's i386 on a netbook that does not support
> amd64.
>
> If there's some step I've missed, please let me know.

Ooops. Seems like patch will simply append the context, when the
target file exists but the diff is made to /dev/null. Though am not
good at dealing with this, I think you can try:

svn revert -R .
svn st | grep '?' | awk {'print $2'} | xargs rm

to gets your local repository fresh/clean. Then do the patchwork all over again.

Maybe a little off-topic but do worth to discuss. Sorry for
inappropriate if any.
Meowthink