dual head, output initialization

joaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Fri Aug 31 17:28:42 UTC 2012

I hope somebody know something about this

I have a dual-head setup (2 connector/one card) on all computers here,
different types of radeon cards

all cards, often, do not initialize the second output

this either with vga/dvi or dvi0/dvi1

often, the second port gets activated with x startup, but sometimes
needs several reboot before the second monitor get juice

it is on 8 and 9-stable

I noticed that on some fedora16 I have it never happens, always both
outputs are coming up soon system boot begins, either with graphic or
text mode

so my guess is I am missing somewhere something I do not know or it is a
FreeBSD problem

any opinion on this?

thanks

--