Xorg 7.5.2 segfault when plugging/unplugging AC adapter

Brandon Gooch jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 15:59:52 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2012, Brandon Gooch wrote:
>
>> Also, X seems to freeze up until I move the mouse around a bit, like
>> it's getting hung.
>

> See http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/aei.html .

Of course Warren! Thanks so much!

I was aware of your page, but had not had reason to read through it
entirely. This is the particular snippet that that characterized what
I was experiencing:

"Other times, particularly if hald is running, typed characters don’t
show up on the screen until the mouse is moved, and mouse movement
itself is jerky and doesn’t react smoothly."

I added:

Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off"

to my ServerLayout section, and that particular problem is solved.

Unfortunately the segfault is still occurring when plugging/unplugging
the AC adapter. I'll try to dig into this if I can.

One more thing to add: I can't start up my GLX screensaver, but I'll
start another thread about that:

$ xlock -mode biof
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  137 (NV-GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 ()
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2000006
  Serial number of failed request:  190