xf86-video-intel-2.18.0 support

Unga unga888 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 12:11:21 UTC 2012

Hi all

I have a laptop with following Intel display controller:
vgapci1 at pci0:0:2:0:     class=0x030000 card=0xc0a5144d chip=0x01168086 rev=0x09 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

Its CPU is Intel Core i7 2630QM.

Current xf86-video-intel-2.7.1 from experimental Xorg tree does not support the above Intel display controller.

Following link shows the latest xf86-video-intel-2.18.0 driver is tested on Intel Core i7 2630QM:
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2012.02.html

I have upgraded the libdrm to the latest and tried the latest xf86-video-intel-2.18.0 on the experimental Xorg tree but it generate errors that I do not understand.

This laptop has a Nvidia Optimus display controller also, but no luck with it as it is not possible to disable the Intel display controller from the BIOS.

Since the current xf86-video-intel-2.7.1 does not support the Intel display controller, I'm really stuck now.

Is there any possibility for FreeBSD X11 community to upgrade the Intel driver to the xf86-video-intel-2.18.0 on the experimental Xorg tree. Appreciate it very much.

Best regards
Unga