Deterministic panic 9.0-BETA2 with X + drm/radeon

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 21 10:02:51 UTC 2011

on 21/09/2011 12:55 Kostik Belousov said the following:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 12:33:10PM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 21/09/2011 10:12 Lawrence Stewart said the following:
>>> Kernel page fault with the following non-sleepable locks held:
>>> exclusive sleep mutex drmdev (drmdev) r = 0 (0xfffffe000f831ca0) locked
>>> @ /usr/src/sys/modules/drm/drm/../../../dev/drm/drm_drv.c:791
>>
>> I think that this is a well-known but not yet fixed issue. I think that
>> it should already be addressed in the general drm part of kib's Intel GEM
>> code. Please see this thread for some earlier history:
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2010-November/020914.html

It is, but only for Intel driver. The approach cannot be applied to the
> old dri1 drm drivers, because they need the drm device lock held in the
> interrupt handler.

Not sure if this is true for radeon though.
I've never had any panics/warnings with the patch and INVARIANTS and WITNESS.

--
Andriy Gapon