xf86-video-intel29 port update

Laurent LEVIER llevier at argosnet.com
Fri Sep 2 06:20:00 UTC 2011

Ni Niklas,

At 14:29 01/09/2011, Niclas Zeising wrote:
> > I updated the intel29 port because there was also an xf86-video-intel one.
> > To me, intel29 should be deleted and my port replacing xf86-video-intel
> > since it is the last available driver (untested).
> >
> > Maintainer to decide ;-)
> >

>Without knowing all the details about the xorg ports, there is as far as
>I can remember problems with updating the intel drivers (amongst others)
>since they require kernel features we do not yet have. If you have
>tested this driver to build and run and work with the current xorg in
>ports, then it might work. If not, you have to wait for the KMS work to
>be finished, or test it yourself together with the xorg-dev repository.
>I think you'll find the details about this here on the list and on the wiki.
I was not aware about this.

To me the kernel was supposed to send orders directly to the device
through standard mecanisms and so, while a new feature as some 3D
stuff or whatever was required by Xorg, it would work.

I use a normal FreeBSD 8.2p2 amd64 with the xorg port compiled 2
weeks ago. The worse that can happen is my PC freeze or reboot. I'll
live with this ;-)

I'll test anyways and will keep you posted.

Thanks!

Brgrds