Intel driver patch 11.0

Tomasz Kowalczyk kowalczfbsd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 12:51:37 UTC 2011

> The patch 11.0 contains the merge of the latest Linux changes after the
> 3.2 merge window was opened. Mostly, there are fixes for (e)DP, which I
> am not convinced are working on FreeBSD at all, and further support for
> the not yet released IvyBridge.
>
> Also, I fixed a FreeBSD-specific regression in GEM which seems to cause
> random GPU hangs several people reported to me.
>
> Still no estimation of the time when the code will be committed in HEAD.
> I am sorry, but this is not under my control.

I didn't had any success running this patch-set compiled with clang.
Can't say if this is a bug in mesa or this code or clang itself.
With HEAD kernel xorg is starting, but after trying to run any opengl app
(glxinfo or whatever) screen get corrupted and is no possible to use it
anymore, but system can be restarted with ALT+CTRL+DEL.
As the opposite, 9.0-rc1 don't even start xorg and system hangs with black
screen.
And I don't have any serial console, so can't get much info.
My system is core-i5 2500k.