1920x1080 resolution with mga driver [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Mar 30 03:03:13 UTC 2011

    0n Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:40:30AM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

    >I guess I'm stuck with 1280x1024 for now.
    >Maybe I can dig up a PCIe 8x ATI or nVidia card from somewhere..

Im not sure if will still work, but in the days of using Matrox cards I used to:

1. Download linux driver: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/

2. Place mga_drv.o and mga_hal.drv.o into /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/
   (was /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ when i did it).

This used to work and allow me have to dual-head with mga.

Not sure about nowdays though - worth a shot.

  -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.