[ECFT] drm/dri/mesa/xorg-server update [Part 1]

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:02:56 UTC 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 19:37:59 +0800
Martin Wilke <miwi at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

Here my experience with the update.

> After installing these, you will have to rebuild the following ports:
>
> -- your graphic driver

The ati driver no longer compiles because it wants dri2.h which isn't
installed by the new xorg-server.  I had to install readonhd instead.

> -- keybord driver
> -- mouse/synaptics driver

Worked.

> portupgrade -af \*
> portmaster -af

I don't use these utitlities.  I did everything by hand.

> Please report any problems and issues to x11 (at) FreeBSD.org.

Here's a list of problems which I encountered:
0) had to remove WITHOUT_NOUVEAU from /etc/make.conf as the first step
1) had to install xproto first because dri depends on it
2) python26 core dumped in MesaLib.  I had to install python27 and then
   install py27-libxml2 as a result.
3) The base compiler complained bitterly about weird code in the intel
   drivers under MesaLib.  I had to remove -pedantic in all the config
   files and reconfigure the port before I could compile MesaLib.
4) A mach64 header file under MesaLib wanted to include byteswap.h,
   which isn't present in FreeBSD.  I had to edit the file and use
   sys/endian.h instead.

Generally, a normal user would have thrown up his hands and given up
after step 0 above.  Definitely not ready for prime-time.

So far everything seems to be working.

--
Gary Jennejohn