Graphic card that works?

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:09:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Kevin Oberman <kob6558 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Worse, NVIDIA has stated that they have no plans to ever supply Optimus
> support for OSes other than Windows.
>
> Just to be clear, are you running the nv driver from Xorg or the separate
> NVIDIA-driver port? Both should work, but nv will not work well.

I run the nvidia supplied drivers, and they do run well. Full 2D/3D
acceleration and video codec acceleration (mplayer+vdpau) is a
combination that no other graphics card/driver hits on FreeBSD. I used
to struggle with the intel drivers, but they just got progressively
slower and slower and less functional.

Cheers

Tom