mixups in KDE4 display of certain windows

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Jul 17 05:19:08 UTC 2011

El día Saturday, July 16, 2011 a las 10:59:51PM +0300, Andriy Gapon escribió:

> on 16/07/2011 18:16 Matthias Apitz said the following:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > While playing around with KDE4 from 9-CURRENT ports I encounter the
> > following display problem:
> >
> > When I pick-up a menu, in the attached example it is from the
> > Pidgin application, and move down the mouse pointer, the window of
> > the menue gets somehow mangled (see attchment): some parts change
> > to white forground, some parts lets see what is written behind the
> > window, i.e. in other X11 apps;
> >
> > the same happens, for example if I lock the session and bringup
> > the small window to unlock it (by clicking into the dark display),
> > the unlock window first comes up correctly, but after 1-2 secs
> > its content chsnges and lets see what is written in X11 clients of
> > the locked session; this is even a security issue a bit;
> >
> > What is causing this?
>
> I think that it's hard to answer this question for sure.
> My guess is that it is something below KDE: kernel dri/drm driver, userland
> dri/drm driver, userland video-card driver, X server, etc.

I have cc'ed freebsd-x11 ... maybe someone knows this effect.
The KDE4 version is 4.6.3 and Xorg is 7.5.1 (all from ports from CVS
by end of May).

The described effect is only visible with KDE4, not with KDE3 in
the same environment.

HIH

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211