Intel GPU kernel driver

Andrey Kosachenko andrey.kosachenko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 20:02:52 UTC 2011

Hi, Konstantin,

On 11.07.2011 00:23, Kostik Belousov wrote:
>> So far I'd like to admin 2 issues:
>>
>> - switching between vts (Ctrl+Alt+F[1-9]) doesn't work over here,
>> attempt to switch to consoles within range [1-8] leads to garbled screen
>> (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WmDhn1X-Ze0/Thn-O5dfeiI/AAAAAAAAABM/WIX3co3DQaM/s720/20110710_003-1.jpeg)
>> though 9-th (occupied by X) is always displayed properly;
>>
>> - attempt to play video (by means of vlc) freezes machine completely. I
>> hasn't spotted it yet (system is installed in zfs and there is no
>> freebsd-swap partition, so I didn't manage to make savecore leave smth.
>> for further investigation);
>>
>> PS:
>> I didn't mention any listings (pciconf,dmesg,...) however if those
>> considered to be useful/helpful just let me know.
>
> Most likely, GPU hung, and what you saw as working X was operating
> without acceleration. Without dmesg, it cannot be diagnosed further.

Okay, csup'ed, applied all.5.1.patch, recompiled kernel and
rebuilt/reinstall supplementary stuff.

Results are the following:
- video is played w/o any issues (machine didn't freeze);
- vt switching behaves as in my previous post;

Also not sure that X actually operates w/o acceleration: the following
output makes me think so:

# env LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose sh -c 'glxinfo 2>&1' | egrep '(render|Driver)'
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile
     GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_NV_conditional_render,

Additional information:
- pciconf -lvb: http://pastebin.com/YT8wUBiZ

- dmesg output (with DE effects enabled, leads to garbled screen):
http://pastebin.com/DU3RvzTi

- dmesg output (failsafe DE session): http://pastebin.com/f4gghA6E

- and just in case X logs (with ModeDebug="true"):
http://pastebin.com/iEPxm8ib

--
WBR,
Andrey Kosachenko