Graphic card that works?

Adam K Kirchhoff akirchhoff135014 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 1 00:50:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:17:43 -0400
Allen <Unix.Hacker at comcast.net> wrote:

> I can't imagine why someone would put that much effort into ignoring
> page upon page of your post only to respond to the last part of it.
> Totally ignoring that you basically wrote a 4 page HOWTO for Graphics
> cards.

There was nothing much worth responding to.  In terms of ATI/AMD
hardware, there were no facts in Michal's e-mail, just rhetoric.  How
can anyone respond to that without stooping to the same level? Perhaps
I could have responded with facts about AMD hardware on FreeBSD with
the open source drivers, but I already posted that information two days
ago.

Personally, I can't imagine why some folks would spend so much time
defending nvidia when someone else makes the simple claim that the
nvidia driver just doesn't work for them.

Ahhh, maybe I just need to unsubscribe from this list and let
misinformation run rampant.

Adam